2015 Summary for CrossFit Deerfield Beach
This year has been filled with lots of huge achievements both by our members and the gym. Each year we would like to acknowledge some of the amazing achievements we have made as a community. Here are some PR’s we have made as gym:
- We raised over $4500 in charity for the Barbells for Boobs!
- As a community we raised over $2000 for the Rick and Ann Withrow Scholarship fund.
- The DEER GAMES 2015 was bigger and better than ever with over 200 competitors in 4 divisions.
- We introduced the South Florida community to Chinese Weightlifting via the Ma Strength Seminar.
- We expanded the rig on the main floor to make more room for our community to WOD together.
- We bought all new Rogue Fitness equipment so that the best community in the world could have the best equipment in the world including, new Rogue Barbells, new Rogue Competition Bumper plates, new Rogue Hi-temp bumper plates, new Rogue kettlebells, new easy to use clips, and new storage for a lot of our equipment!!!!
- We had 60 Athletes compete in the worldwide CrossFit Open!
- We installed higher rope climb stations to provide our members with competition height ropes.
- CrossFit Deerfield Beach added a Competitor program to help those eager to improve for competition.
- We added Jerk Blocks for our community to use with those heavy shoulder-to-overhead lifts.
- We got together as a gym and traveled to Miami to watch the Miami Surge GRID team compete.
- We expanded our retail space to better present our awesome apparel.
- We continually rearrange the gym to provide the best member experience possible!
- We added monthly pool and beach WOD’s
- We started the monthly newsletter and calendar to better keep the community aware of what’s going on at CrossFit Deerfield Beach.
- We represented CrossFit Deerfield Beach with great pride at several local competitions taking home 1st place and other podium finishes.
- We had several members go out of their comfort zone and compete in their first competitions!
- We brought on some fantastic new coaches (Kelli, Fernanda, and Shelley) to continually give our community the best coaching possible to help achieve their goals.
2016 Goals for CrossFit Deerfield Beach
We ask all of you to set goals and improve yourselves on a daily basis. As a gym we believe we are the best facility in South Florida! This however, does not mean we are satisfied. We want to continue to improve and give the community the best we possibly can! Here are some of our goals to improve in 2016:
- We will have more open gym and class times
- We will have new and fresh décor throughout the gym
- We will continue to add new equipment so that there is something to help every member achieve their personal goals.
- We will begin a nutrition program to complement our fitness program and greater help our members achieve their goals.
- We will represent CrossFit Deerfield Beach and Integrity Barbell at weightlifting competitions.
- We will continue to grow our coaching knowledge and skills to bring the community the latest and greatest information.
- We will expand our community to give everyone we know a fitness program that works!!!
- We will build a new and exciting website!
- We will have a blog with articles and new information for the community.
- We will begin posting videos and photos on a weekly basis to expand our culture to the CrossFit community worldwide.
- We will add new programs to give our community more options to improve their fitness.
- We will bring more seminars and information to the community from outside sources to give our members as much information as possible!